The pandemic has caused many cancellations and changes in Region 21 and the American Iris Society:
- The Region 21 Fall Meeting has been cancelled. Thank you to everyone in the Sioux Empire Iris Society who has been working to prepare for this meeting.
- Region 21 Fall Board Meeting – Plans are being made to meet via video conferencing this fall.
- The Region 21 newsletter has been temporarily suspended. Updates for Region 21 will be posted to the Region 21 website.
- All Region 21 clubs have cancelled their iris shows. Anyone wishing to can send pictures of their garden for inclusion in a Region 21 virtual garden tour to be posted on our website.
- Because judges training opportunities are extremely limited, judges needing hours in 2020 have had their eligibility extended for one year. Those that have satisfied requirements will be advanced. Judges will receive credit for any judges training already completed.
- Kelly Norris has stepped down as Region 21 Judges Training Chair. Until a new chair is named, all records and questions should be sent to me.
- The AIS 2020 Convention, three mini-conventions, and all Regional Spring Meetings have been cancelled.
- The Garden Awards voting for 2020 has also been cancelled due to limited opportunities to view the eligible irises in gardens.
Check the Region 21 website for ongoing announcements and updates.
AIS Region 21 RVP